A thank you letter is the best possible way to express your gratitude towards someone. They are considered appropriate etiquette tools and have the most important ones too. They help in creating an impact in certain situations like after an interview and others.
Thank you letters can be of various types depending upon whom you are writing that letter to. These can be formal as well as informal. The following are a few types:
- General thank you letters
- Business thank you letters
- Wedding thank you letters
- Interview thank you letters
The importance of thank you letters lies in the fact that they encourage a person to continue the task that he/she is being thanked for. The following points are tips and suggestions that could be helpful while writing a thank you letter:
- Thank you letters should always be self written as then it gives it a whole personalised touch.
- One can start be giving a brief about the incident or task for which gratitude is felt.
- While thanking the person, be sincere and honest. Don’t add extra unnecessary points which make the letter look overdone.
- Be polite throughout the letter as it will show that you are genuinely thankful.