Termination letters are the letters which are written in order to inform an individual that he/she has been terminated from a company or any other institution. This letter must be written following a particular format and has to have a formal yet a tone which emphasis on a fact forcefully.
There can be various kinds of termination letters. The following are a few:
- Letter of termination from a school
- Letter of termination from a college
- Letter of termination from a job
- Letter of termination from a team
There have to be a few points keeping which in mind a termination letter can be properly framed. They are:
- Don’t be too rude; convey your reasons for termination in a polite but professional manner.
- Don’t show that you are sorry for the termination. Never make it look like that you were under a pressure to terminate that particular employee.
- The reasons could be given in bulleted form.
- Also talk about the points that you liked about that individual and list down some of his achievements in the company or the organisation.
- Clearly mention the date of termination and the details of the pay due.
- End the letter by wishing that employee good wishes for his future.