Solicitation letters are also known as fundraising letters which provoke and request donors to donate money or funds to help in the upliftment of a society, organisation or company. Solicitation letters can also be aimed at asking for solicitating business. These kinds of letters are useful in setting your foot in a closing door. These letters are generally short and need to sound convincing enough for the targeted crowd to donate the desired funds.
Solicitation letters can be divided into many categories and some of them are as following:
- Solicitation letters for raising funds for a company
- Solicitation letters for raising funds for an organisation
- Solicitation letters for raising business
Solicitation letters need to be written in a proper manner and must sound formal and convincing. The following tips should be helpful while framing a solicitation letter:
- The overall tone of the letter should be formal and persuasive.
- Don’t forget to mention the name, address and contact information to whom the funds or business is aimed at.
- The reason for which the letter is being written should be the main highlight of the letter.
- The ending of the letter should be made as a request appeal and a hope that the reader shall donate funds should be expressed openly.