Resignation letters are letters which are aimed at informing the company about your resignation from that company or the employer. A resignation letter should state the reasons which have resulted in the resignation. These letters should be formal as they are generally directed towards your employer or the organization.
Resignation letters can be of the following types:
- Retirement resignation letter
- Job resignation letter
- Resignation letter to principal
- Nursing resignation letter
There are a few points which have to be taken care of before framing your resignation letter. They are:
- The letter must be to the point and brief. It should look like a professional document that is written in a neutral tone.
- It must include the effective date of resigning and also mention the last working date.
- The main body of the letter must consist of the reasons because of which you wish to resign.
- The letter must state the thanking lines for whatever opportunities the organization has provided.
- One has to be careful about not passing any rude remarks or unprofessional statements in the letter.
If there is a particular complaint that you have, it should be written in a polite yet forceful manner.