A recommendation letter is a written letter that acts like a reference offering information about your work history, character and academic history report. Such letters are useful when you want to get admission into a college or while applying for a job. These letters have to be written in a formal language and by following a proper format.
Recommendation letters can be of various types. The following is a list of a few:
- Academic letters of recommendation
- Letter of recommendation for a job
- Character recommendation letters
These are the three main categories, though there a few lesser used recommendation letters too.
While writing a letter of recommendation letter, the following points have to be kept in mind.
- All the information provided about you should be credible and must be backed by certificates or other documents.
- These letters need to be precise and brief and should not waver away from the main points.
- A letter of recommendation should speak about your leadership qualities, compliment your character and provide testimony to your aptitude.
- While ending the letter phrases like ‘I am pleased to recommend her for….’ Could be used to create a strong effect.
Thus considering the above given pints one can draft effective recommendation letters.