Writing a termination letter to fire an employee is one of the most difficult tasks for any employer. But this difficult task has to be done with perfection and in a correct manner. A termination of employment letter is a letter which is used by any employer to let the employee know about his/her termination and the reasons for the termination of employment.
Any such letter is meant to formally inform an employee that he/she shall no longer be required to work in the company or work set up. If you wish to frame a termination of employment letter, then please refer to the following given points.
- A termination letter must start by giving the name and job position of the employee who is being terminated. The name of the department can also be given along with these details on the top left corner of the letter.
- A termination letter must also have subject which speaks of the reason for writing the letter.
- Writing the date of writing the letter must also be mentioned.
- The body of the termination of employment letter must be carefully written down by dividing the body into two or three paragraphs.
- The letter must be written in a polite and respectful way and should not sound rude or disrespectful in any way.
- Any such letter should consist of the reason for termination and the particular issues which have lead to this decision of termination.
- A termination of employment letter must be effective in letting the employee know all those areas wherein he/she must put in more efforts to excel or improve his/her self further.
- One of the most important parts of a termination letter is giving the date from which termination shall become effective. This should be included in the body of the letter.