A farewell letter is a way to express your thoughts in writing whenever a co-worker, friend or a family member leaves a particular place. Any farewell letter mainly consists of your overall experience with the concerned person, your gratitude towards them and finishes with wishing him/her a good future.
Depending on whom the farewell letter is addressed to, it can be categorized into the following:
- Farewell letter to teacher
- Farewell letter to colleague
- Farewell letter to friend
- Farewell letter to employee
Farewell letters are significant to let the leaving person know their importance in your life. Farewell letters can be both casual as well as formal based upon the level of relationship between you and the concerned one. The following points should be kept in mind before writing a farewell letter:
- The name and address of the person to whom the letter is addressed should be mentioned in the beginning.
- The main body should consist of the things you have to convey for Example, the reasons why you would miss the person or a brief description of a fond memory.
- The ending paragraph of the body must consist of the good wishes for the future.
- The letter has to be ended with your name and other contact details.