Marketing letters acts as a tool that helps the companies to persuade the customers to buy the products or the services offered by them. These letters play the most vital role in deciding the outcome of a particular product. The letter speaks on behalf of the company and directly communicates with the targeted consumer base. Generally, a marketing letter is just a one page document because it should look more convincing rather than a requesting one.
Marketing letters can be of the following types:
- Product marketing letter
- Service marketing letter
- Software marketing letter
The importance of a marketing letter lies in the fact that it introduces the product as well as gives a detailed account of its use or importance. Thus this kind of a letter has to be framed carefully following a definite format.
The following are a few points of consideration to be kept in mind while writing a marketing letter:
- Make the letter as short as possible.
- The letter should talk about its aim.
- The letter should consist of the name, size, shape and color of the product. In case of a service being offered, the use and importance should be clearly laid down.
- The points which stress upon the fact that this product or service is better than the others offered by other companies should be the main stay of a marketing letter.