Authorization letters form a really important category of letters as they are important for granting permission, approval and distributing tasks or responsibilities. The word ‘authorization’ itself suggests that a person in authority drafts these letters to juniors so as to authorize them to perform a task. It clearly defines the expectations and focuses on the duties which are expected from the recipient.
Authorization letters can be of many types and some of them are as following:
- Manager authorization letter
- Clerical authorization letter
- Warehouse authorization letter
Before writing an authorization, one should go through the following points which shall give a brief for framing the correct kind of a letter:
- The letter should consist of precise instructions and that too in bulleted form if necessary.
- The main responsibilities and duties which are expected from the recipient over a particular period of time can always be mentioned in a brief way without pointing out little details which can be discusses in person.
- The letter should sound like a command and not a request.
- Mention the time frame within which the work is expected to be done so that it leaves no place for misunderstandings.
- The letter should be detailed enough to let the other person know exactly what you are trying to authorize.